Wednesday, August 18, 2010

volunteer's job

i, as a volunteer has been assigned a job "video assistant".
what is that? i will tell you now.
my job was simply to capture the match between the two fencers on film. simple enough?
it was, the volunteers found out, easier said then done. sometimes, the fencers moved so fast that we were unable to catch them on film. but after a while we got used to it.
i must say, we did quite a good job.
what we were controlling was practically a large camera on a ten metre tripod (its not easy)
once we gotten the hang of it, it was quite easy.

1 comment:

  1. Marcus,
    I feel that it is really kind of you to volunteer to help out at the Youth Olympic games, especially during the test season when everyone else is busy studying.

    It seems like you enjoyed your volunteer's job in the Youth Olympic Games. I am really happy for you. But after reading your post, I find that the job of filming the two fencers on film appears to be quite challenging to me. If it was me there, I am afraid I would not be able to handle it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete